Ever find yourself counting down the clock at work before an evening on the beer? Well, why not combine both?
Dublin's The Beer Club is offering one very lucky person the opportunity to become a professional craft beer taster.
Applicants don't even need to be living in the capital and can be based anywhere in Ireland.
According its listing, the very-part-time job would be perfect for "a passionate beer lover who can provide honest and objective feedback on different beer styles".
Other necessary qualifications include "a passion for beer and taste buds that match, a firm grasp of the English language and the terminology and vocabulary of beer or even the enthusiasm to learn."
The Beer Club also released the job spec for the role:
- Part-time role: a few hours per month.
- Salary: Competitive… with beer benefits.
- Based anywhere in Ireland.
And here's precisely what they are looking for in a candidate:
- Tastebuds for detection and an expert knowledge of alcoholic beverages and the difference between beers and their ingredients. (Do you know your Pale Ale from your IPA, chocolate malt from dark malt, Fuggles from Cascade hops?)
- A strong team player, who will be able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a team of other tasters and experts.
- Provide consistent, informed results and feedback.
- Active Twitter user, or willingness to engage in conversation on Twitter.
Applicants are asked to write a 30-word email to [email protected] describing "why you should get the job"