IRISH COFFEE can take many different forms but something always stays the same: it's warm, boozy and uncommonly good.
This particular twist on the Emerald Isle favourite combines the classic recipe with another Irish favourite.
Baileys has a history to rival that of the original Irish coffee.
More importantly, it's unmistakably Irish, making this recipe something approaching gospel.
A riff on the classic formula, this recipe may require a couple of additional purchases but, as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
Or should that be the Irish coffee? Try this Baileys-infused version - which comes from the Irish cream giants themselves - and decide for yourself.
WARNING: There's lots of alcohol in this one, so go steady.
Here's what you'll need:
- 50 ml Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- 110 ml Coffee
- A teaspoon of chocolate shavings
- Whipped cream
- 25 ml of Irish whiskey
Here's how to make it:
- Pour Baileys Original Irish cream, hot coffee and whiskey into a glass.
- Using a jigger, measure 50 ml Baileys Original Irish cream and 110ml freshly made coffee into a short glass.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.