EGGNOG isn't as big in Ireland as it is in the States, it must be said.
But boozy drinks are very welcome here, particularly when it comes to those with a little whiskey in them.
And because Christmas is on its way, we here at the Irish Post thought we'd scout around for a drink to get us in the mood.
Smooth coffee liquor blended with Irish whiskey is always a winner! Ever heard of Baileys Irish Cream? It's basically the same thing, except without the whipped cream.
But the creaminess comes form the luscious vanilla-y (is that even a word?) eggnog, which is - I think anyone who's ever tried it will agree - unfairly limited to the month of December!
Say hello to your new Christmas go-to.
Here's everything you need to know, courtesy of Creative Culinary:
What you will need:
- 1 oz (25ml) Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz (25ml) Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 4 oz eggnog
- Nutmeg, grated
How to make it:
- Fill cocktail glasses with crushed ice.
- Put the Kahlua, whiskey and eggnog into a pitcher and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over ice and top with freshly grated nutmeg.