THE BIG deadline is looming fast and while there are plenty out there would rather Boris Johnson "Get Brexit Done " there's a sneaking suspicion in some quarters that the fiasco is far from over - Ireland being one of them.
With the ongoing issue of the "Irish border" yet to be resolved, the general consensus is that things could be about to get a whole lot worse before they get better.
And whether you are for or against Brexit, that's enough to make even the most ardent supporter issue an audible sigh of disappointment.
Thankfully someone, somewhere, somehow, has been able to see the funny side in all of this.
So while the UK and Ireland waits for the seemingly inevitable, here are just 15 of the best Brexit jokes to help ease the agonising pain of it all.
1. Why do the English drink so much tea?
Because tea leaves.
2. How did the Brexit chicken cross the road?
I never said there was a road. Or a chicken.
3. Brexit walks into a bar.
The Barman says: “Why the long farce?”
4. Why does the Brexiter have so many children?
Because he refuses to acknowledge that pulling out never works.
5. Knock knock who’s there?
NO YOU’RE A POO.
6. I'm going to go on a Brexit diet
The pounds will drop fast.
7. There’s gonna be a 50p coin commemorating Brexit
It’s nearly done. They just can’t decide what to do with the border
8. An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar.
But the Englishman wanted to leave so everybody had to
9. With Britain leaving the EU how much space was created?
10. How many brexiters does it take to change a light bulb?
None, they are all walked out because they didn't like the way the electrician did it.
11. What did Britain say to its trade partners?
See EU later
12. Knock knock
It's not my job to tell you that, work it out for yourself.
13. Nigel Farage goes into his pub and asks for a pint.
The barman draws it & throws it into his face.
“Why did you do that?” Nigel asks.
“'You asked for a pint,” the barman says. “But you didn't say how you wanted it delivered.”
Farage replies: “Okay, I’ll have a pint in a pint glass”
“No. You can't ask again.,” the barman says.
“Why not?” Farage asks.
“Democracy,” the barman replies.
14. How will Christmas Dinner be different after Brexit?
15. Shamrock Rovers have just been put in charge of Brexit.
They have a fantastic record of leaving Europe swiftly.