1. UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship and it’s a division made up of elite Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighters.
2. Irishman Conor McGregor aka ‘The Notorious’ is one of the most well-known faces of the sport and is currently the World Featherweight Champion.
3. MMA originates from Brazil, but the UFC division was created in the USA in 1993.
4. It’s a combination of combat sports such as kick-boxing, wrestling, taekwondo, jujitsu and more.
5. There are three main ways to win a fight: knockout, submission or judge’s decision.
6. Fights take place inside an octagon shaped ring, which is 30-feet in perimeter and 6 feet high – it’s shape has often prompted the nickname ‘cage fighting’.
7. There are nine weight classes.
8. Like boxing, fighters have a cutman, cornerman and perform before a referee and judges.
9. The highest earning MMA female fighter in 2015 is Cat Zingano, with a $200,000 payout per fight.
10. Michael Bisping is 2015's top MMA earner with a salary of $870,000, with Anderson Silva and Conor McGregor at $800,000 in second.
*Salary figures from MMA Manifesto 2015