HAVE you got a story to tell?
The Irish Post has launched its 2016 Creative Writing Competition in association with Listowel Writers' Week.
We are looking for an original short story, poem or piece of writing with an Irish theme of up to 1,000 words.
The winner will receive a trip to the prestigious Listowel Writers’ Week in Co. Kerry, which takes place June 1-5 plus €500 in prize money.
The winning piece of work will also be published in The Irish Post and the official Listowel Writers’ Week brochure.
How to enter:
Entries, no more than 1,000 words, should be emailed to [email protected] with ‘Listowel Writers’ Week’ in the subject line
Typed entries can also be sent to Listowel Writers’ Week Competition, The Irish Post, 88 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4BY
Remember to include the title of your story/poem, your name, address, email and telephone number
Closing date for entries is midnight on Thursday, March 3, 2016
This competition is open only to residents in Britain
- Entries, which must be no more than 1,000 words and have an Irish theme, cannot have been previously published
- All entries must be typed
- Please retain a copy, as entries will not be returned
- Please submit your name and contact details on a separate sheet. The entrant’s identity must not appear on the competition entry
- Entries may be in Irish or in English / Is féidir iontrálacha a bheith i mBéarla nó i nGaeilge
- An unlimited number of entries per person may be submitted for The Irish Post Creative Writing Competition
- The judges verdict is final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding individual competition entries
- Winners only will be notified
- The winner's prize includes two nights B&B in Listowel during the festival, return flights for two from London City Airport courtesy of CityJet and car hire from Budget Car Rental Ireland* (terms and conditions apply). No cash alternatives will be offered in lieu of these, any other expenses must be covered by the winner themselves
- The Irish Post and Listowel Writers’ Week are not responsible for any costs incurred
- Awards may not be presented where an appropriate standard is not achieved
- Listowel Writers’ Week reserves the right to withhold or to publish winning entries in the publication Winners’ Anthology 2016
About Listowel Writer's Week:
Listowel Writers’ Week is an internationally acclaimed literary festival devoted to bringing together writers and audiences at unique and innovative events in the historic and intimate surroundings of Listowel, Co. Kerry.
Our competition partners:
CityJet is Ireland’s independent European regional airline, providing up to nine flights daily from London City Airport to Dublin and 18 flights weekly from London City Airport to Cork.
From London City Airport, CityJet also flies scheduled services to Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Florence, Paris Orly and Nantes.
CityJet offers complimentary drinks and snacks and a generous free baggage allowance.
Budget Car Rental Ireland offer low cost car hire at 14 locations throughout Ireland including all major airports and city centres.
Operating as a franchise of the global Budget brand, customers know to expect friendly and efficient customer service and great cars provided at the right price.
Budget has a full range of manual and automatic cars available for hire. We have a nationwide network of offices including Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast.