ANDREW MCGINLEY has revealed how he was targeted by sick trolls following the deaths of his three beloved children.
The grieving dad has been vocal of his love for Darragh, Conor and Carla, setting up charities, colouring competitions and social media channels in their honour to keep their memory alive after they tragically passed away in January 2020.
Conor (9), Darragh (7) and Carla (3) were killed by their mother, Deirdre Morley on 24 January last year while she was suffering a psychotic break; she was last week found not guilty of murder due to insanity.
Andrew set up Conor's Clips on Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to fulfil a promise he made to his son: that he would help him launch a Youtube channel where he could make comedy sketches, the youngster being a bit of a comedian.
He now uses the channel to share pictures, videos, stories and memories of Conor, Darragh and Carla.
Never forget Conor’s castle.
Never forget Conor 🥰🥰🥰 pic.twitter.com/73RijBMgsS
— Conors Clips (@conorsclips) May 27, 2021
While Andrew has spoken about how Conor's Clips and the support from strangers has helped him immensely, earlier this week he announced he would be removing the Conor's Clips Facebook page, as it is the only site where he is targeted by sick trolls.
According to McGinley, the remarks were “about me and my family from people who have no knowledge of mental health, our family or anything relating to life with mental health".
"They type with an air of confidence but when challenged by me they delete their posts,” he continued.
"Whether they post for 'likes' from fellow trolls, I don't know, but I think there are too many here that I don't find anywhere else. Therefore, I'm choosing to go."
He has now revealed, on a podcast by The Irish Star and The Irish Mirror, that he received multiple disgusting comments which accused him of killing his three beloved children as a mother would never do such a thing.
Speaking on the 'Shattered Lives' podcast, Andrew admitted he was shocked and deeply hurt by the horrific accusations, recalling a comment from one woman who said "a mother couldn't possibly do this ... it had to be the father than killed the kids".
Andrew added that he was aware that Gardaí spoke to a number of people who were spreading disinformation at the time, but he saw this comment "literally in the days after the children died".
"You’re trying to process everything else and then you see somebody post on Facebook an accusation like that," he said.
Andrew also spoke to The Irish Examiner where he said that, over the past year, he has seen "absolutely horrific comments made about me and my family and Dee (Deirdre Morley".
These people would pretend to be a friend of the family who 'knew the real truth', he said, and their disgusting false posts would lead other people to believe their lies and reply saying "I wasn't aware of that, I didn't know you know the family ... I was feeling sympathy for them".
"I was stunned," he admitted.
The Dubliner also said that he had almost left Facebook last year after seeing a "horrific, horrific comment that stunned me when I saw it" but he made the decision to carry on until earlier this week.
Andrew is currently fighting for changes within the HSE Mental Health services, believing there was failings in Deirdre Morley's care which led to her killing their three children.
Carla knows the score 🥰
Amount of compassion shown by the HSE ... pic.twitter.com/slSXOSLgPG
— Conors Clips (@conorsclips) May 26, 2021
You can follow updates from Andrew on the Conor's Clips Twitter page here.
To donate to the As Darragh Did charity or learn more about the Snowman for Carla colouring competition, you can visit the website here.