JOHN F. KENNEDY was a President unlike any other.
Intelligent, intriguing and consistently charismatic throughout his time in office, we will never truly know what the 35th President of the United States might have achieved had he not been gunned down on that fateful day in November 1963.
Despite the tragic circumstances and ongoing speculation surrounding his death, JFK nevertheless left behind a legacy few Presidents can match.
A fantastic public speaker, Kennedy’s words live on to this day as testament to his wisdom and incredible ability as a leader and orator.
Here are just 12 of his most famous quotes.
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
- “Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.”
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
- “If not us, who? If not now when?"
- “The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.”
- “Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.”
- "Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.”
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”