THE devastated mother of a Dublin man found brutally murdered in a skip four years ago has pleaded for help to bring her son's killers to justice.
Father-of-seven Mark Burke was last seen alive in Dun Laoghaire on July 28, 2014.
The 36-year-old had been living homeless at the time.
His remains were found three days days later on July 31 at Thorntons Recycling Plant in Ballyfermot, Dublin 10.
Mark's body had been dismembered and the use of an acid by his killers meant his face, jaw, teeth, hands and internal organs have never been recovered.
His mum Bernie says she can't stop thinking about her son's horrific last moments, even four years on.
"When I look at his picture I’m reminded of the horror of what happened to him," she told the Irish Sun.
"I think of the awful fear he must have had when they were butchering him.
"There are times when I wake up hearing him screaming, ‘Ma, Ma,’ and calling for me but I can’t see him."
Bernie said she believes the homeless community in Dublin are "voiceless and invisible to the vast majority" of people.
Despite a lack of leads, she hasn't given up fighting for justice for her son.
Appealing for anyone with information about Mark's murder to come forward, she added: "If they are too afraid to go to the Gardaí, they can contact Crimestoppers, and even our family."
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 1800 25 00 25 or any Garda station.