TRY this gluten-free breakfast pancake recipe filled with fresh herbs of parsley, thyme and chives with fresh breadcrumbs by herbal educator Stephany Hoffelt, owner of the Naturally Simple Living blog.
The Wicklow pancakes’ herbal delights are inspired by the county’s historic status as the Garden of Ireland.
Here’s how to make them…
Irish Wicklow pancakes
Time: 20 min
Ingredients (makes four)
4 large eggs
600 ml of milk
4 ounces of fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 sprig of chopped thyme
2 tablespoons of chopped chives
½ teaspoons of salt
½ teaspoons of pepper
2 tablespoons of butter
- Beat the eggs lightly, then add the milk, breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a pan until it starts foaming, then pour in the egg/breadcrumb mixture
- Cook over a low flame until it just sets on top.
- Put this in the broiler for a few minutes to finish cooking it.
- Serve cut into wedges with each piece drizzled with melted butter.
Any leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for two to three days.
For more of Stephany’s herbal recipes visit here Naturally Simple Living blog here.