A WOMAN who claims to have suffered a personal injury at the hands of UFC fighter Conor McGregor won't be able to go forward with the case until next year due to issues with the CCTV footage.
The action has been brought by a young woman allegedly known to 32-year-old Mr McGregor.
The state is asking for more time to gather CCTV footage that is set to be used as evidence in the High Court Case. This is meant to go ahead today.
According to sources it is understood that the Irish Gardai have managed to acquire evidence from a previous criminal investigation regarding the woman's claim against McGregor, the delay is because of this.
The evidence has been asked because there is a possibility that the footage of an alleged incident occurred in 2018 in a hotel. The State wants more time to cut down the amount of footage and make it more applicable to the case.
The woman in question is bringing forward a multi-million euro claim against the Crumlin man - personal damage stemming from the supposed incident, which Garda no longer see as an investigation.
November 1 is the date for the civil case - sources have said this may not happen until the new year.
The mountain of complex files need to be combed over according to sources and February at the earliest is the latest date
A loss of current and future earnings are why the woman is filing the case, she also had to leave home and move out of the area.
In January, Mr McGregor dismissed the woman’s claims as “old news” and stated that he was cleared of any wrongdoing.
“You know, it’s old news. It was investigated thoroughly over two long years and I was cleared of any wrongdoing and that’s it” he said.
A previous statement from Karen J. Kessler, spokesperson for the UFC fighter, also said: “After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the Gardai which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff, included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses’ statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categorically rejected.
“Mr McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail.”
We previously revealed how the woman, whose mother is also taking a civil action against Mr McGregor, isn’t seeking a settlement.
Sources have also said the woman could be awarded far in excess of her claim - for what she says was “aggravated pain and suffering” caused by her personal injury - as well as punitive damages - if she wins her case.
A jury can award the woman any sum they wish should she win her case - with sources saying it could be in the multi-million figure in the region of €2m.