IRISH people are natural problem solvers, which you'd imagine would come in handy for solving riddles.
So let's see if we're all we're craic'd up to be – if you'll forgive the pun – by solving the following ten Irish-themed conundrums.
Some are trickier than others but remember that sometimes the simplest answer is the right one – and no peaking at the answers (highlight them to see) – we mean it!
1. What Irish rock is as light as a feather?
ANSWER: A shamrock.
2. Which five-letter Irish surname can be spelled with just two?
3. Why can't you iron a four-leaf clover?
ANSWER: Because you shouldn't press your luck.
4. What has eyes but can never see? Think food.
ANSWER: A potato, obviously.
5. Where can you always find 'gold', but there's no gold at all?
ANSWER: The dictionary.
6. How many gold coins can a leprechaun fit in an empty pot?
ANSWER: None, because otherwise it's not empty anymore.
7. What would St Patrick be called if he was born on December 25?
ANSWER: St O'Claus.
8. What does a ghost drink on St Patrick's Day?
ANSWER: BOOs. Spirits if they're feeling brave.
9. When does a potato stop being Irish?
ANSWER: When it's a French fry.
10. What has 2 arms, no hands and only appears once a year?
ANSWER: A Christmas jumper (courtesy of mammy).