KODALINE, Villagers, Hozier and James Vincent McMorrow are among the nominees for the Choice Music Award Song of The Year.
Hozier's hit Take Me To Church is a strong favourite to win the public vote on a shortlist which also includes songs by I am The Cosmos, Daithí, Two Door Cinema Club and The Strypes.
The overall winner will be revealed at the Meteor Choice Music Prize Live Event at Dublin's Vicar Street on February 27 with a trophy and €3,000 going to the victor.
The list of nominees follows the announcement of the Album of the Year nominees earlier this month.
The shortlist was decided by the Meteor Choice Music Prize judging panel and the Irish airplay charts for 2013.
Cast your vote through the Meteor Facebook page www.facebook.com/meteor or by texting ‘SONG’ to 085 711 4444 for a list of nominees. You must be in Ireland to vote by text.
The Shortlist for 2013
- Daithí - Chameleon Life (Sony Music)
- Hozier - Take Me To Church (Rubyworks)
- I am The Cosmos - Look Me In The Eye (Self Released)
- James Vincent McMorrow - Cavalier (Believe Recordings)
- Kodaline - Brand New Day (Sony Music)
- New Jackson - Sat Around Here Waiting (Hivern Discs)
- The Original Rudeboys - Never Gonna Walk Away (Rubyworks)
- The Strypes - You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover (Universal)
- Two Door Cinema Club - Changing of The Seasons (Parlophone/Warner Music)
- Villagers - Nothing Arrived (Domino)
The Meteor Choice Music Prize will be broadcast live on the night as part of a special four-hour extended programme on Today FM’s Paul McLoone show. The show will air as part of a special TV broadcast on 2nd March on RTE Two at 10.30pm.
Tickets for the Meteor Choice Music Prize Live Event are on sale from all Ticketmaster outlets and from www.ticketmaster.ie priced at €23.50 including booking fee.