The supermarket is not the only place to buy Irish foods
WITH the news that Tesco will be axing many popular Irish foods from its shelves you might need to look to your local independent shop for your Irish faves from now on.
Here's a list of some shops that stock Irish food and drink and where to find them...
- Birmingham Irish Association (Alcester Street, B12 0PH) - Barry's tea, Cadbury's chocolate, Chef sauce, Clonakilty sausages, Galtee cheese, Tayto crisps
- Bourke Stores (Stratford Road, B11 1QZ) - Barry's tea, Chef sauce, Clonakilty sausages and pudding, Club Orange, Flahavan's oats, Galtee cheese, Kerrygold butter, Lyons tea
- St. Michael's Irish Centre (6 Boundary Lane, L6 5JG) - Barry's tea, Cadbury's chocolate, Chef sauce, Cidona, Erin soup, Flahavan's oats, Galtee cheese
- Mandys Irish Shop (830 Garratt Lane, SW17 0NA)
- Neals Yard Dairy in the Borough Market (8 Southwark Street, SE1 1TL) - One Twitter users says you get some great Irish cheeses, Macroom oats and Barry's tea at this stand in Borough Market
- Violet Cakes (47 Wilton Way, E8 3ED) - Barry's tea
- Booth and Howarth (192-194 Mauldeth Road, M19 1AJ) - Barry's tea, Chef sauce, Club Orange, Clonakilty sausages, Dairygold butter, Flahavan's oats, Galtee cheese, Lyon's tea, Tayto crisps
- Irish World Heritage Centre (1 Irish Town Way, Cheetham Hill, M8 0RY) - Barry's tea, Chef sauce, Connacht Gold butter, Erin soup, Galtee cheese, Lyons tea, O'Hara's Brack
- Park Cakes (Ashton Road, OL8 2ND) - another Twitter user reports you can stock up on Barry's tea here
Supermarkets such as Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons have said they will not removing Irish products from their world foods section. Products stocked by each of these supermarkets may vary depending on the branch, but some stock Irish products such as Tayto crisps (Morrisons), Barry's tea (Morrisons), Clonakilty pudding and sausages (Asda), Flahavan's oats (all three), and Club Orange (Asda and Morrissons).
As well as the supermarkets, many companies deliver Irish goods to your doorstep. The websites listed below all stock Irish favourites such as Barry's Tea, Cadbury's chocolate, Clonakilty sausages, and Flahavan's oats