CONOR McGregor has been banned from driving for six months and handed a €1,000 fine for speeding on the N7 in Co. Kildare last year.
The Crumlin-born UFC star appeared in court in Naas this afternoon after he was caught driving at 154km/h in a 100km/h zone in October 2017.
Along with speeding, the 30-year-old also faced three further driving licence charges.
McGregor, with an address at Laraghcon in Lucan, last Wednesday forced the case to be adjourned after he failed to turn up at court.
The judge issued a warning to the MMA fighter that he needed to appear before Naas District Court today.
Conor McGregor leaving Naas court today after being charged for speeding pic.twitter.com/B1mjJF3yl5
— John Rooney (@JRooneyIRL) 28 November 2018
He said last week: "I won’t ask why he is not here... but the onus was on the defence solicitor to notify his client to turn up for the hearing.
"If it is contested I won’t hear the case in absentia (without McGregor)".
McGregor arrived shortly before 2pm this afternoon wearing a navy checked suit with a white shirt and navy tie, as a friend protected him from the rain with an umbrella.
A number of local school children stood outside the court to catch a glimpse of the sports star and the courtroom was packed with supporters.
Departing the hearing, McGregor told reporters he would "drive safer" in future in the wake of his driving ban and fine.