A DREAM job working for the Irish Embassy over in New York city has become available - and it pays well.
The role of cultural officer is a new position, created as part of the Irish Government’s Global Ireland strategy.
A three-year fixed-term contract, the successful applicant can look forward to taking home an annual salary of €70,500.
With interviews scheduled to take place in late August or early September with a view to the role beginning in the Autumn, there’s still plenty of time to apply too.
But anyone putting themselves forward should know it is a job that carries lots of challenges and responsibilities.
Here’s everything you need to know:
- Promote Ireland’s cultural engagement throughout the CGNY Consular region (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia), in line with relevant multi-annual strategies and programmes to promote Irish culture internationally.
- Work with Culture Ireland to extend and maximise touring opportunities for artists being supported to present work in the US, and develop a regional approach to cultural promotion across the eastern United States.
- Work to broaden the reach of Irish culture across the United States, outside traditionally stronger locations, including through developing relationships with partner organisations on an ongoing basis and the meetings of the network of Irish cultural centres and organisations in North America
- A third level qualification in a relevant area or a high level of work experience in the arts and culture sector.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- A high level of discretion, commitment and reliability.
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in the United States prior to recruitment.
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted by email to this email address: [email protected].
The email should contain the subject line RECRUITMENT / CULTURAL OFFICER and must be no larger than 15MB. The application must contain:
- Letter of motivation (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with the Embassy of Ireland.
- CV/Résumé (three pages maximum).
- Two nominated referees with contact details.