A CORK-based punter has won over €23k off a €10 bet after correctly predicting an unlikely series of football results.
After placing a stake in a BoyleSports outlet in the Rebel County, the punter sat back and watched the obscure selections fall into place one by one.
The bet slip consisted of nine games across divisions in England, Turkey, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Scotland and Africa as follows:
- Clermont Foot to beat Le Harve – 6/5
- Jong Ajax to beat NAC Breda – 17/4
- Boluspor to beat Altinordu – 18/5
- Burnley to beat Derby – 6/4
- Rangers to beat Morton – 1/4
- Ethiopia v Angola, both teams to score – 10/11
- Cameroon v Congo DR, both teams to score – 20/21
- Livorno v Como, both teams to score – 10/11
- Levante v Las Palmas, both teams to score – 1/1
- Combined odds – 2,363/1
Aoife Heffron, PR Executive for BoyleSports said: “Accumulators can be a tricky and frustrating game, but this Cork punter knew exactly what they were doing with their savvy picks and it paid off immensely having bagged an astonishing €23,628.58.
“We wish them all the best with their winnings and fair play to them with their inspired selections.”