LOOKING FOR a way to add a little kick to the standard pancake recipe? This Bailey’s Irish cream pancake recipe should do the trick.
It’s the perfect fusion of two Irish favourites and, more importantly, it’s seriously easy to make thanks to this inspired recipe from Serious Eats.
So, if sweet and suitably boozy pancakes sound appealing to you, read all for all the info you need.
What you'll need:
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups ofmilk
- 1/3 of a cup plus 1 tablespoon of Baileys Irish cream
- 1 3/4 cup of cake flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of butter (for cooking pancakes and garnish)
- Maple syrup
How to make it:
- Whisk butter, sugar, salt, and egg in medium bowl.
- Whisk in milk and Irish cream liquor until combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large non-stick pan until melted.
- Scoop as many 1/4 cup portions of batter into pan as will fit without crowding. Gently spread out into a disc shape.
- When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and continue to cook until done, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.