WE all have embarrassing old social media posts we’d rather forget (or delete) and judging by these corkers, Irish celebrities are certainly no different.
As The New York Times discovered, the average Twitter user’s first tweet is at best vacant, and at worse downright cringe-inducing.
It’s fair to say that the majority of Irish Twitter users didn’t really have a clue what the site was when they signed up, so we can forgive some of these clangers. Maybe.
Here are some brilliant #FirstTweets from a few of our favourite Irish celebrities…
1. Shane Filan overshared a bit, bless him…
@gillfilanoffic morning baby.
— Shane Filan (@ShaneFilan) September 20, 2011
2. Ronan Keating couldn’t help but blow his own trumpet…
I'm loving having a number 1 album in the UK!
— Ronan Keating (@ronanofficial) March 23, 2009
3. Needless to say, Conor McGregor wasn’t modest either…
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) September 7, 2011
4. Graham Norton was hanging out with Del Boy and Dot Cotton…
Playing the piano with Sir David Jason and June Brown. Sort of wish I wasn't wearing a Christmas jumper - oh and that I could actually play!
— graham norton (@grahnort) October 17, 2011
5. While Paschal Donohue was feeling all alone…
starting off on twitter for the first time. anybody out there?
— Paschal Donohoe (@Paschald) January 29, 2009
6. Chris O’Dowd was getting off to a good start…
— chris o'dowd (@BigBoyler) February 20, 2009
7. Brian O’Driscoll kept us waiting in fevered anticipation…
Finally I send my first tweet. Never was one for being a guinea pig. More to follow soon.
— Brian O'Driscoll (@BrianODriscoll) January 20, 2010
8. And Rory Best stated the obvious…
Rory Best is now on Twitter
— Rory Best (@RoryBest2) September 2, 2010
9. Meanwhile, George Hook forgot he wasn’t the only George Hook on earth...
There was an imposter calling himself 'George Hook' on twitter.com y'day,but thanks be to God he seems to have disappeared. going on air now
— George Hook (@ghook) February 17, 2009
10. Dermot O'Leary changed the world...
My profound first words on twitter. Remember where you were. Currently at the cricket. Come on England. And Come on Ireland.
— Dermot O'Leary (@radioleary) August 18, 2010
11. Jedward felt unsure of themselves for once…
— JEDWARD (@planetjedward) December 8, 2009
12. If only Vogue Williams had taken her own advice…
Twitter do not take over my life!!
— Vogue Williams (@VogueWilliams) January 11, 2011
13. Ed Byrne was a man on a mission...
I'm back on Twitter. This time I will not allow myself to be drawn into arguments. I will also not tweet drunk. I hope.
— Ed Byrne (@MrEdByrne) October 21, 2009
14. We're still wondering if Vincent found what he was looking for…
Seeking web designer
— Vincent Browne (@vincentbrowne) April 14, 2009
15. Ryanair were being Ryanair...
#Ryanair has joined Twitter! Follow our official account for the latest Ryanair news & special offers. PS There's no charge for following us
— Ryanair (@Ryanair) September 17, 2013
16. And Dylan Moran was being Dylan Moran...
Veni, vidi, tweeti.
— Dylan Moran (@thedylanmoran) September 24, 2010
17. Graham Linehan's been at this a while...
Setting up my phone to work with twitter
— Graham Linehan (@Glinner) June 25, 2007
18. David O'Doherty was a tad demanding...
EVERYBODY TAKE YOUR TOPS OFF NOW
— David O'Doherty (@phlaimeaux) March 3, 2009
And just for fairness, the best of the lot...
The Irish Post is looking for people form Cork city to chat about why they think it's one of the best places in the... http://bit.ly/4qTYlB
— The Irish Post (@theirishpost) November 4, 2009