BAILEYS MIGHT more synonymous with cosy nights in at winter, but this indulgent ice cream recipe looks set to change all of that.
A decadent and unmistakably Irish treat to impress friends with or simply enjoy at home, the combination of Irish cream and chocolate chips makes for something truly special.
And with temperatures continuing to soar, it’s the perfect time to head to the kitchen and whip up a batch of the ice cool dessert treat.
Originally put together by Running to the Kitchen, he’s everything you need and everything you need to know in order to turn this dreamy sweet into a creamy reality.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish cream (or other Irish cream liquor)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place heavy cream, milk, Baileys and vanilla extract in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Once simmering, pour about half the milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously so the eggs don't scramble.
- Once combined, pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan over medium-low heat stirring constantly until thickened. This will take 2-5 minutes. Mixture will be slightly thinner than pudding consistency when thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the sauce pan for 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl to remove any solids.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap down on top of the mixture and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, transfer mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add chocolate chips 1-2 minutes before ice cream is done churning.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours to freeze/set completely.