DONALD TRUMP is reportedly planning to launch his own social media platform after he was banned from most sites following the attempted insurrection at Capitol Hill in January.
A spokesperson for the former US President, Jason Miller, who has long worked closely with Mr Trump, told Fox's MediaBuzz that the Republican plans to launch his own social media site in the coming months.
The new platform will "completely redefine the game" and attract "tens of millions" of new users, Mr Miller claimed.
Since being banned from platforms including Facebook and Twitter, Donald Trump has been relatively quiet apart from releasing a handful of written statements from his official office.
But according to Jason Miller, the former president will return "in two or three months" in what Mr Miller describes as "the hottest ticket in social media".
"This new platform is going to be big," Mr Miller told Fox yesterday. "Everyone wants him and he's going to bring millions and millions, tens of millions, to this platform."
Mr Trump boasted more than 88 million followers on his personal Twitter account during his time as president, but was permanently banned following the violence and unrest witnessed during the Capitol riots on January 6.
This is not the first time the potential for Mr Trump to start his own social media site has been discussed-- last month, Mr Miller told Sky News Australia that there had been "conversations and meetings" about the potential for Mr Trump to start a new site to rival his once-favoured Twitter.
"I think there's a very good chance president Trump could set up his own social media platform," Mr Miller said at the time, "in which case regardless of what the platform is it's going to be the biggest once he joins it."
Mr Miller believes that Donald Trump remains a big draw for large swathes of the American public and far beyond, despite having faced a second impeachment trial over his alleged role in the riots.
Though he was acquitted by a narrow margin, Republican Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell later claimed there was “no question” that the former US President was “practically and morally responsible” for the chaotic scenes, which led to the deaths of five people.
Despite this, Miller believes the pull of Trump on social media will be too strong for many to resist following.
“Folk want to hear what he has to say,” he said.
"Everyone wants to know what he's doing".