DUBLIN’S BEST restaurants and eateries have been announced as part of the The Food Awards Ireland 2019.
The Irish capital has an unrivalled reputation for offering a diverse variety of culinary options for tourists and locals alike.
That reputation came to the fore once again on a busy night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which saw no fewer than 13 Dublin establishments bag awards.
The Cedar Tree Restaurant on Saint Andrew’s Street was the big winner on the night, taking home the award as Middle Eastern Restaurant Of The Year and the coveted honour of Restaurant of the Year.
Known for its appetising selection of mezze dishes and Lebanese wines, the family-run establishment has been in business since 1986 and remains a firm favourite among Dubliners and must-visiting for anyone staying in the city.
Takeaway enthusiasts were also well represented with Dublin’s BlockBurger HQ crowned Burger Bar of the Year.
It was all down to a mouth-watering menu that includes The Mannix, a double stack cheeseburger and the signature BlockBurger, a gorgeous combo of Beef burger, Cashel Blue cheese, crispy bacon, caramelized red onion relish and BlockBurger secret sauce.
Dublin’s Buttercream Dream was named bakery of the year, marking a remarkable 12 months for the city’s first cake pop-up shop trading in vegan baked goods.
Made in small batches for ultimate freshness and quality, using local non- GM ingredients and recyclable packaging and materials, highlights include their salted caramel pretzel cupcakes and their exquisite banana hazelnut chocolate cake.
The full list of Dublin-based winners reads as follows:
- Best Mediterranean Establishment: Salamanca Tapas Bar & Restaurant
• Best World Cuisine: Aussie Outback
• Best Vegetarian Establishment: Veginity
• Best Street Food: Vish Shop
• Middle Eastern Restaurant Of The Year: The Cedar Tree Restaurant
• Bakery of the Year: Buttercream Dream
• Best Asian Food Establishment: Yang’s Chinese Restaurant
• Best of Dublin: Craft Restaurant
• Burger Bar of the Year: BlockBurger HQ
• Outstanding Restaurant Supplier of the Year: Branagan Meats
• Gastro Pub of the Year Dublin: Brannigans Bar
• Café/Bistro of the Year Dublin: The Press Café
• Restaurant of the Year Dublin: The Cedar Tree Restaurant Dublin