ADDITIONAL footage from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey is set to be released.
Earlier this month, the foundations of the British monarchy were shaken by the revelations of the interview, in which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made some damning accusations.
They accused an unspecified member of the Royal Family of making a racist comment about their unborn baby Archie, Meghan claimed the Palace had denied her an assistance after she told them she'd been having "suicidal thoughts", and Harry hinted that Prince William, heir to the throne, was actually "trapped" and wanted to leave just as he had.
The fallout from the interview has been monumental. There have been calls for the British Monarchy to be dismantled, commonwealth countries are threatening to end their historic associations with the UK, and public perception of the entire institute has nose-dived in the last few weeks.
And now it appears that more footage could be on the way.
According to the Sunday People, ITV is trying to obtain additional footage that was never aired from the couple's interview with Oprah.
While the broadcast ran for 90 minutes, it's understood that the Duke and Duchess sat down with Oprah for hours, and tons of footage was left on the cutting room floor.
"There is a lot of interest in showing the full interview," a source said.
"The original programme was the biggest show of the year so far in the UK and was bought by forms around the world.
"Oprah's production company know they're sitting on a goldmine so it's possible a deal could be done."
Tensions in the Royal Family are said to be sky-high at the moment, with Prince William and his father Prince Charles reportedly furious at Harry and Meghan's accusations.
William was forced to tell a reporter that they were "very much not a racist family" earlier this month, just days after the interview aired.