THREE children and two adults have been rushed to hospital after a fire broke out in a house in County Wexford.
The blaze started at around 3.30pm in a three-storey town house on Mary Street, New Ross this afternoon.
The property is rented by a family originally from Poland.
It is understood that the family were upstairs in the three-storey house when the fire began.
Emergency services were called to the scene after a man noticed smoke eminating from the house while he was doing building work on a neighbouring home.
The builder, aged in his 50s, helped rescue a man and three young children - the youngest of whom was three years old.
A number of units of the local fire brigade attended the scene, as did numerous ambulances and Gardaí.
According to local reports, the five people are being treated for smoke inhalation at University Hospital Waterford.
One young boy is reported to be seriously injured, but in a stable condition.
In a statement, a Garda spokesman said: "Gardaí from New Ross are at the scene of a fire in the St Marys Road area of New Ross.
“It occurred within the last hour. One child has been taken to hospital. Updates to follow.”