DAVID CAREY, Seanie Madigan, Conor Calder, Leo O'Regan, Sean Ronayne, Francis O'Flynn and Conor Meaney are undertaking this event in memory of their good friend and relative, Declan Sexton, who died in May 2020 at the age of 27, with a rare form of cancer.
Declan was a Civil Engineer from Ennistymon, near Lahinch in Co. Clare and worked in London following graduation from the University of Limerick in 2015.
Declan worked hard and played hard, togging out for Brother Pearses in London, the University of Limerick and Ennistymon throughout his hurling days.
London to Lahinch will be a cycling event taking place over 7 stages, with each stage being approximately 120km in length. The team are a group of very average cyclists and hope the support we are receiving will surely give us the motivation to pedal every inch of the way.
All funds are going to the Irish Cancer Society and the group are hoping to raise 25,000 Euro, which we are well on our way to getting.
More details can be found here https://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/11423482_london-to-lahinch-800km-charity-cycle.html
Details of the cycle:
- Leave the London eye on Saturday 21st at 9am.
- Head towards Towcester.
- Cycle will carry as per attatched landing in Dublin on Wednesday 25th where some more are joining the lads for a leg of the trip.
- They will then head towards Maynooth & Portumna before landing in Lahinch on the Friday around 6pm.
- On the Saturday morning they will be doing a short cycle starting from Ennistymon Gaa club at 12pm where anyone can join in.
- Declan's mass is on at 6.30pm that evening and will have food & drink afterwards (can share location and time shortly)