US IRISH are a unique bunch in many respects.
Sure, our language, slang, traditional dance and music and our breathtaking countryside are all examples of this.
But the most glaring fact is that there’s no other country in the world who has so deeply entwined their culture and identity around a sentient potato.
Below is a list of 15 times our country showed the extent of our obsession with the nation's favourite crisps.
1. It's how we measure our love for our significant other.
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) July 29, 2019
2. We make sure it's the last thing you see before leaving the country so you never forget your roots.
— The Loop (@TheLoopDutyFree) July 24, 2019
3. We force our beliefs on our children and animals.
2 years ago we met Moe, a puppy with a crispy looking cast. Fast forward 2 years and it looks like Moe is still a Tayto fan ❤
Thanks for the Moe updates. pic.twitter.com/KHOtozTUNr
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) July 19, 2019
4. Everyone agrees that Tayto sandwiches belong everywhere... even a wedding
— WILL🇮🇪 #SF (@cloneywill) June 21, 2019
5. Our talented Irish artists put time and effort into creating masterpieces worshipping the spud
WOW! What a flavoursome Tayto embroidery! Thank you Sorcha. ❤️🤩
You're the best spud artist i've seen! pic.twitter.com/iwbtymLZ63
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) June 28, 2019
6. I really cannot stress enough how much Irish people love Taytos. It's a drug to us.
— Today FM News (@TodayFMNews) June 28, 2019
7. We take steps to ensure the sacred crisps are safe at all times.
What a BELTER LG x pic.twitter.com/HSWuO2TQDJ
— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) June 24, 2019
8. This person loved this crocheted bag of Tayto so much they had to steal it...and then return it. Solidarity between Tayto lovers.
Because we all love a happy ending....
Last week, this crocheted masterpiece was stolen from the Kildare Yarn Bomb in Newbridge.
Today he was returned in a brown paper bag, with a note attached#HandmadeHour pic.twitter.com/aw8d93mvPd
— Annie Morris is going nowhere (@DesperateAnnie) June 22, 2019
9. The entire country celebrates Mr Tayto's birthday. It's only a matter of time before it becomes a national holiday.
— Walking On Cars (@WalkingOnCars) June 18, 2019
10. Artistic depictions of the suited spud come in every medium.
— Neen (@neencrochet) June 14, 2019
11. And we mean EVERY medium.
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) June 1, 2019
12. Even the most terrifying mediums.
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) November 15, 2018
13. I mean we have an entire Theme Park dedicated to the crisps.
— Dr Thomas Lewis (@tcdlewis) July 30, 2019
14. And we celebrate Crispmas as well as Christmas
A Tayto Christmas tree <3
(Personally it's the best tree I've seen this year!) pic.twitter.com/kiQ60wNbkt
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) December 13, 2018
15. The whole country was honestly disappointed to hear Mr Tayto wouldn't be running for president.
— Mr.Tayto Ireland (@MrTaytoIreland) August 29, 2018
All hail the mighty spud!