1. Finding a comb on the floor
Don't pick it up! This is terrible bad luck because it belongs to Ireland’s most terrifying wailing spirit, the banshee.
2. Seeing a solitary magpie
This is a bad omen and your only hope is to see another one, as the rhyme goes one for sorrow, two for joy…
3. Itchy nose
Beware! This means someone is going to pick a fight with you.
4. Itchy palms
A good sign as this means you will be coming into some money.
5. Placing a Child of Prague statue in your house before a wedding
This will ensure your big day will be rain free - it works!
6. Throwing salt over your left shoulder
A classic. The belief is that the devil is always standing behind you and throwing salt in his eye will stop him from making mischief.
7. Rain at a funeral
Surprisingly a good sign - this means the departed soul is happy.
8. The seventh son of a seventh son has special powers
If you need advice this is your go-to guy.
9. Scoring a cross onto your soda bread
Keeps the devil out of your baking.
10. Finding the ring in the Barmbrack at Halloween
Another bread-based superstition. This means you will be the next person to get married.
11. Handing someone a knife
Very bad luck! Our advice would be to put it on the table for them to pick up themselves.
12. Kissing the Blarney Stone
Arguably the most famous Irish superstition, kissing the sacred stone gives you the gift of the gab.
13. A black cat crossing your path
One of the most well known superstitions don’t let it happen to you, especially on Friday 13th!