CALLING ALL WRITERS!
We are looking for an original short story of up to 1,000 words reflecting Irish life in Britain.
The winner will get a trip to the prestigious Listowel Writers’ Week in Co.Kerry*, which takes place May 27-31, 2015 plus €500 in prize money.
Their work will also be published in the official Listowel Writers’ Week brochure and in The Irish Post.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries can be posted to:
The Irish Post,
Suite A, 1 Lindsey Street, London EC1A 9HP
Or emailed to: [email protected]://http://irishpost.co.uk
Remember to include the story title, your name, address, email and telephone number.
Closing date for entries is midnight on Friday, March 20, 2015.
*The winner of The Irish Post short story competition must arrange their travel to the Listowel Writers’ Week at their own expense
Terms and Conditions:
- The closing date for receipt of competition entries is March 20, 2015.
- Entries cannot have been previously published.
- All entries must be typed.
- Please retain a copy, as entries will not be returned.
- Please submit your name and contact details on a separate sheet. The entrant’s identity must not appear on the competition entry.
- Entries may be in Irish or in English / Is féidir iontrálacha a bheith i mBéarla nó i nGaeilge.
- An unlimited number of entries per person may be submitted for The Irish Post short story competition.
- The adjudicators’ verdict is final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding individual competition entries. Winners only will be notified.
- The winner of The Irish Post short story competition must arrange their travel to the Listowel Writers’ Week at their own expense. Two night’s accommodation for the winner will be included as part of the prize.
- The Irish Post and Listowel Writers’ Week are not responsible for any costs incurred.
- Awards may not be presented where an appropriate standard is not achieved.
- Listowel Writers’ Week reserves the right to withhold or to publish winning entries in the publication Winners’ Anthology 2014.