Schoolgirl dies after her phone EXPLODED while she listened to music in bed
News

Schoolgirl dies after her phone EXPLODED while she listened to music in bed

A SCHOOLGIRL has been killed after her mobile phone exploded while she was listening to music in her bed.

In a tragic turn of events, 14-year-old Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek died after sustaining horrific head injuries after her smart phone burst into flames while it lay on her pillow next to her.

The girl, from the village of Bastobe in Kazakhstan, was tragically discovered dead the next morning, beside her exploded phone.

Police say her phone was plugged in to a power socket, and was likely on charge when it blew up, believing that it was the battery that exploded.

When paramedics were called by her devastated relatives they said she had already died.

According to local reports, forensic experts confirmed that the phone exploded in the early hours of the morning after overheating as it charged.

Advertisement

The brand of smartphone hasn't been revealed.

Alua’s best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted on Facebook: "I still cannot believe it.

"You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much.

"You have left me forever."