A CONVICTED murderer has been charged for attempting to break into Buckingham Palace last week.
Dennis Hennessy, 41, of Barnhill Road, London pleaded guilty to one count of criminal damage and one count of trespass on a protected site at Westminster Magistrates' Court today.
Mr Hennessy was caught after he set off an alarm when he was climbing the 8-10 ft Palace wall and cut his right hand.
Prosecutor Tom Nicholson told Westminster Magistrates' Court that Mr Hennessy had been asking "is Ma'am in?" repeatedly, whilst he was detained.
He also told police during his interview that he had "walked through the gardens admiring the view".
The Queen was in residence at the time of the incident, which occurred last Wednesday evening.
The court heard how Mr Hennessey had been on licence after being convicted of the murder of a homeless man in Neasden, London in 1992.
Senior district judge Howard Riddle, sentenced him to four months for trespassing and two months for damaging the wires of the alarm system.
The two sentences will run concurrently.