AN ADORABLE puppy was rescued from an uncertain fate by fire fighters in Dublin this week after getting trapped inside a reclining sofa.
Dublin Fire Brigade was called to a home in the Irish capital after a tiny terrier puppy by the name of Milo ended up struck inside the mechanism of the adjustable coach.
The petrified pooch had become stuck among the metal beams found at the bottom of the chair, prompting his panicked owners to contact the authorities.
Fortunately, officers from the brigade’s North Strand station were on hand to free Milo from his sofa-based prison.
The cute canine was later taken to a vet for a check-up and is said to be doing great, having escaped the ordeal unscathed.
His owners were left eternally grateful to the officers in attendance for rescuing their beloved pet from what had becoming a difficult and no doubt stressful situation.
A Dublin Fire Brigade spokesperson confirmed the rescue operation had gone off without a hitch.
“Overnight North Strand firefighters helped free Milo the puppy from the mechanism of an electric sofa after he became trapped,” they said.
“After a quick check up with the vet he was none the worse for the experience.”
A paw-fect ending to a story that was looking a little ruff for a while there.