A MINUTE of silence will be held at two key GAA matches tonight in Warwickshire, in memory of one of the victims of the Tunisia shooting.
Joel Richards, 19, died alongside his grandfather and uncle in the tourist resort of Sousse last Friday, June 26.
A gunman opened fire on the beach area, killing 38 people - most of whom were tourists.
Joel was a talented Gaelic football star for James Connollys in Warwickshire – and his heartbroken teammates will mark his death before taking to the field in their first game without him tonight.
Club member Seán Davies confirmed to The Irish Post that Joel's death would be marked by a minute's silence before throw-in.
Connollys are due to play John Mitchels tonight in a Warwickshire Home Grown Championship quarter final at 7pm, while neighbouring Erin Go Bragh and Roger Casements will play in a second quarter final at the same time.
Both games will be delayed until a minute’s silence has been held in memory of Joel.
Tributes have been pouring in for the University of Worcester student since his death last week.
President of James Connollys, Tony Donahoe, told The Irish Post that he was devastated by the loss – but that Joel would have wanted the games to continue.
“We had a game on the Sunday after he died and I wanted to call it off but the players said to me that’s not what Joel would’ve wanted,” he said.
That game was called off after the opposition were unable to field a team – meaning tonight will mark the first time the team will take to the field without Joel.
So far, 18 of the victims have been confirmed as British, though this number is expected to rise as high as 30. There were also three victims from Ireland – Lorna Carty and married couple Martina and Larry Hayes.