A WOMAN has died during a cake-eating competition in Australia.
According to reports, paramedics were called to a pub in Queensland on Sunday afternoon after a woman was involved in a "medical incident".
She was taking part in the Beach House Hotel’s annual Australia Day lamington and meat pie eating contest.
The woman, beloved to be 60-years-old, reportedly "shovelled a lamington into her mouth" shortly before collapsing after suffering a seizure.
Lamingtons are a traditional Australian dessert, which are cube-shaped sponge cakes dipped in chocolate and covered in grated coconut.
The woman was rushed to a nearby hospital in the coastal town of Hervey Bay but later died, according to ABC.
Local police say the death isn't being treated as suspicious and are now awaiting results of a postmortem exam.
In a post on Facebook, management and staff offered their "deepest condolences" to the woman’s friends and family.
"We acknowledge and thank our supportive patrons, staff, and the Queensland Ambulance Service for their prompt and professional response while this tragic incident was unfolding," read the post.
"The hotel staff have been offered professional support while our thoughts firmly remain with the family at this challenging time."