NOTHING beats a bit of tradition, does it?
This Irish trifle recipe is ideal for anyone looking to fill the table this Easter.
We here at the Irish Post love our puddings with a little booze in them, but finding the right balance between sweet and fruit is just as important, and this trifle does just that.
Whipped cream, raspberries, jam and sponge cookies. What's not to love?
If you'd like to serve one up this weekend, here's everything you need to know, courtesy of Framed Cooks:
What you will need:
- One package ladyfinger cookies (see note)
- 1 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 package of raspberry or strawberry gelatin, prepared according to package directions and fully set
- 1 package vanilla pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries for garnish
- Coarse pink sugar for garnish (optional)
How to make it:
- Cut the ladyfingers in half length-wise (or use two small slices of cake in place of each ladyfinger). Spread generously with jam and put together like a sandwich. Line a serving bowl with the sandwiches, all along the bottom and up the sides. Sprinkle with the sherry.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the set Jello into a foam. Spread the foam over the sandwiches. Spread the prepared pudding over the foam.
- Put the cream and confectioner’s sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over pudding.
- Garnish with fruit and coloured sugar and serve!