ST PATRICK'S Day can be an exhausting experience but thankfully the Irish Post has got the perfectly culinary accompaniment.
These 30-minute Irish Potato Nachos are dead easy to make and, it should be noted, aren't strictly nachos but rather fully-loaded potato wedges.
And we mean fully loaded. They come courtesy of The Girl On The Bloor and, furthermore, they are an absolute sight to behold.
Perfect for lining the stomach ahead of a busy afternoon or evening of merriment, they also serve as a great post-pub snack
Here's everything you need to know to ensure you make it through the days festivities and beyond.
What you'll need:
- 1 bag frozen potato wegdes
- 1 chicken breast, BBQ'd and chopped (or leftover chicken)
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream
- 4 slices turkey bacon, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Corriander, chopped to serve
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 220c and cook potato wedges according to package directions.
- Cook raw diced chicken in a frying pan or BBQ the whole breast flipping halfway through.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces once cooled if BBQ-ing.
- Or just make it easy on yourself and use leftover chicken!
- While wedges are baking, prepare rest of toppings and fry turkey bacon.
- Remove wedges from oven and top with cheese, chicken and all other toppings except for tomatoes.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, etc.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!