One-year-old boy dies following freak accident involving curtain draw string
News

One-year-old boy dies following freak accident involving curtain draw string

A TODDLER has died after he was critically injured in a freak accident which involved a curtain draw string.

The one-year-old was taken to Cork University Hospital after his mother discovered him unconscious with a cord string tangled around his neck in their home.

His mother immediately raised the alarm and both gardai and emergency services attended the scene.

Advertisement

The child was pronounced dead a short time after arriving at the hospital.

According to Ralph Riegel for Independent.ie, gardaí are treating the incident as a tragic accident.