AN INQUEST into the tragic death of 15-year-old Nora Quoirin will be carried out next month.
Nora disappeared from her hotel room at the Dusan rainforest resort near Seremban in Malaysia last August while holidaying with her family.
The teenager, who was born with the brain defect called holoprosencephaly, was found 10 days beside a small stream roughly 1.6 miles from the resort.
An autopsy concluded she died from intestinal rupture as a result of starvation and stress.
The inquest is due to take place from August 24 to September 4 with 64 witnesses set be called.
It will be broadcast over Zoom due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Her parents Meabh and Sebastien Quoirin suspected foul play was involved.
Meabh previously told RTE News it would have been “impossible physically, mentally to imagine that she could have got any distance at all” let alone where her body was found.
“For us something very complex happened,” she said.
“We have insisted from the beginning that we believe there was a criminal element to what happened.
“And crucially we’re struggling because it was difficult to get resources in place fast enough to investigate a criminal angle."
She added: “We’ve insisted from the beginning that we believe there was a criminal element to what happened.
“And crucially we were struggling because it was difficult to get the resources in place fast enough to explore a criminal angle.
“And, you know, we believe that crucial time and evidence was lost in the beginning.’
“And while a post-mortem when it eventually comes through may give us answers and has already given us some basic answers around what caused Nora’s death, it doesn’t explain any of how she possibly could have got to where she was found,
“And we really believe that that is going to be difficult to get the whole truth on but it’s important to try,” she added.