THIS RECIPE is about to become a staple of the Christmas season.
But this time we're taking these Baileys recipes right to their very core, and showing how to make your very own Irish Cream-- to drink with coffee, hot chocolates, bake into a cake or just enjoy on the rocks.
Homemade Christmas Baileys
What you'll need:
- Nutella (1 tbsp)
- Spiced rum eg Captain Morgan (2/3 cup)
- Heavy cream (1 cup)
- Powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- Gingerbread spice (1 & 1/2 tsp)
How to make it:
- Blend the Nutella and the rum until Nutella fully dissolved
- Stir the heavy cream into the Nutella and rum
- Add the sugar and gingerbread spice, then use a blender to combine all ingredients until smooth
- Tip the mixture into glass bottles and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to blend
- Shake well, pour and enjoy!
- This recipe makes two glasses of homemade Baileys-- just double or triple the ingredients to make more
- You can keep the mixture for up to two months once it is refrigerated correctly